I feel electric shocks when using my Philips Vacuum Cleaner
Published on 2021-07-04
If you feel static electric shocks when using your Philips Vacuum Cleaner, there is no need to worry. Find out what could be the cause and how to prevent it in the following lines.
The appliance builds up static electricity
During vacuum cleaning, especially in rooms with low air humidity, your Philips Vacuum Cleaner builds up static electricity. As a result, you can experience electric shocks when you touch the tube or other steel parts of the appliance. These shocks are not harmful to you and do not damage the appliance.
To reduce the inconvenience with static electricity, we advise you to discharge your Philips Vacuum Cleaner by frequently holding the tube against other metal objects in the room (eg. legs of a table or chair, radiator etc.).
Note: We advise you to raise the air humidity level in your room.
If the above solution did not help to solve your problem, please contact us for further assistance.
By clicking on the link, you will be leaving the official Royal Philips Healthcare ("Philips") website. Any links to third-party websites that may appear on this site are provided only for your convenience and in no way represent any affiliation or endorsement of the information provided on those linked websites. Philips makes no representations or warranties of any kind with regard to any third-party websites or the information contained therein.