You can use the appliance to shave your legs and body. The product is suitable for use in the bath or shower, but you can also use it dry. Consider wet hairs tend to stick more to the skin. If you want to use creams or body lotion, apply them after you have used the product.
It is important to check the shaving foil to see if it is not dirty, damaged, or worn out. A faulty foil will cause the product’s performance to decline or even skin irritation. If it is damaged it needs to be replaced immediately.
Use the appliance on clean skin. You can exfoliate your skin a few days before shaving. This removes the dead skin around your hair follicles and makes it easier to remove hair.
For best results, follow the tips below:
- When you use the product to trim hairs, use it dry for the best result.
- Place the product on your skin in such a way that the attachment or accessory is in full contact with the skin.
- Dry use: Be certain that your skin is clean and dry before using the appliance
- Wet use: rinse the head regularly to remove hairs and ensure that it continues to glide smoothly over your skin. Make sure your skin is completely wet with water. Gently pat your skin dry after use
- When you use the product on sensitive areas, stretch the skin with your free hand. When you use it on your underarms, raise your arm and put your hand on the back of your head to stretch the skin.
- Move the product slowly against the direction of hair growth. Allow the product to obtain catch all the hairs for a smooth result.
- You may apply an (alcohol-free) Aloe Vera cream/lotion or an after-sun crème on your skin.
- Also, allow some adjustment time and give the skin time to recover in between sessions.
- Clean the appliance thoroughly to remove all the hairs off the appliance’s head and leave to air-dry (See FAQ: How do I clean my Philips SatinShave)